Alcohol addiction is a mental condition. It may sound like a marketing slogan, but it is entirely accurate. What most people fail to realize is that alcoholics are no longer in control of their thoughts and desires. Once addiction has taken over, there is little the patient can do, outside sinking deeper into the rabbit hole. One that goes all the way to coma and death. We are Meridian Treatment Solutions, and our goal is to restore people’s lives to normal.
Not only that but, with the help of institutions providing alcohol rehab in Florida, to raise awareness of the dangers of this deceptively good affection. And there is quite a handful to keep our eyes on. As alcohol consumption increases in regularity and as the individual resorts to binge drinking every other day, the effects will also grow in intensity, with most of them becoming more visible as time passes.
Some of the most important ones to know are:
1. The drinker keeps looking for justifications for the fact that he keeps drinking regularly, often daily
2. The behavior will gradually change, as irritability and mood swings will become more of the norm
3. The addict will start hiding the booze, as well as hiding when drinking
4. He will find excuses when caught in the act, one of the most common ones being that he drinks to feel good or that he’s only had a sip, no harm done
5. As the addiction sets in, the drinker will need to ingest alcohol at least once every 5-6 hours. Otherwise, withdrawal symptoms will start to kick in
6. Constant hangover, the tendency towards anxiety and impaired thinking
These are symptoms all institutions dealing with alcohol rehab in Florida fight with, a struggle which is that much more difficult when withdrawal comes into play.
The dangers of alcohol addiction
The addict cannot exorcise his demons alone, because of how the withdrawal works. Withdrawal is both a physical and a psychological phase which comes into effect each time the drinker tries to quit or stops drinking for more than 6 hours to a day, depending on the severity of the condition. Which is why the only way help will arrive will be using professional assistance.
Our facility, like those of most top rehab institutions around the world, offers all the support, the care and the treatment the patient needs to get back on track. And, since battling alcoholism is anything but easy, we were forced to adapt. Our programs have been developed during years of research and comprise of the most effective and well-known strategies to control and repel the side effects and symptoms of alcohol abuse.
Alcohol rehab in Florida is meant to save the individual from a state of almost complete physical and mental degradation and we, at Meridian Treatment Solutions, are forming the avant-garde. One that needs to remain vigilant at all times, in an age where 40% of all the hospital beds in the US are used to treat alcohol-related health problems.alcohol rehab Florida